Protect Your Eyes From Increased Screen Time
In our digital world, screens are everywhere. From our TV and computer screens to the smartphone in our pockets, we can spend most of the day staring at one or the other.
Headaches, eye fatigue, and neck and shoulder stiffness can result from digital eye strain, but with the right tools and techniques, we can help you reduce the effects of using digital screens.
Learn more about digital eye strain during your comprehensive eye exam.
Digital Eye Strain & Its Symptoms
With the increasing amount of screen time in our digital world, research shows a rise in vision problems.
If you have an untreated refractive error, your eyes are forced to work harder to maintain a clear image on a screen. Those with perfect vision are not off the hook, either. You can still experience symptoms of digital eye strain, including:
- Eye strain
- Blurred vision
- Dry eyes
- Neck and shoulder pain
Tips to Reduce Eye Strain
It’s important to give your eyes a break if you spend long hours on a digital device. Strategies to reduce or avoid digital eye strain include:
- Keep your screen an arm’s length away and 20 degrees below eye level.
- Set specific colour and contrast settings to match the brightness of your screen with your surrounding lighting.
- Minimize glare with an anti-glare screen cover or dim the light sources in your room.
- Keep your screen free of fingerprints to aid in visual clarity.
- Implement the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, focus your eyes on something 20 feet away for a least 20 seconds
For more information about digital eye strain and how to mitigate its effects, talk to your eye doctor during your next appointment.
Services We Offer
We aim to treat you and your family’s eye care needs, whatever they may be. From dry eye therapy, myopia management, emergency eye care, and more, we are equipped to help you.
Find us just north of Huron on Adelaide, between Huron & Kipps lane. Find an appointment that fits your schedule using our online booking system.
- #205, 1135 Adelaide St N
- London, ON N5Y 5K7
- Phone: 519-432-6142
- Email: [email protected]
We are closed for all statutory holidays, and long weekends.
Hours are subject to change without notice.